Sunday 21st Sept 11am Notts County SC taking part in the Guinness world Record Attempt as part of Barts Bash – come down and be a part of it. (updated 19/9/14)
Short Video: http://youtu.be/Nha8QnEbRjg
The club is taking part in Barts Bash on Sunday 21st Sept approx 11am, we would like to make this a record entry we have 90 (with about 70 boats) so far and hopefully will get 100 people on the water, so even if you have never raced please take part, in this case its the taking part that matters, and of course raising money for the Andrew Simpson Foundation (collection buckets will be at club).
On the Day:
- Sign on on special barts bash sheet (plus club)
- Rig up
- 10.30 skippers briefing and team photo
- 11am start of first of 4 starts
- Sail course, the length will depend on wind.
- Put money in collection bucket (if not already raised loads on line!)
- Take part or enjoy afternoon racing from the balcony! Help finish off Black Sheep if not already consumed!
You will need to sign on at club, we understand you can sign on at club then register after the event with Barts Bash to be part of record attempt.
We have a windsurfer, fast and slow start, then a menagerie start for the more nervous, sign up when you get to the club for the start. You also need to mark that you are not sailing the Wadsworth. We hope sailors of all abilities will take part, it is a short min 1km course and we want to see Tuesday night, and Saturday sailors as well as cruisers take part, so far 90 from the club have registered, we know it is not the easiest site to register, but please take the time to. If you find it to difficult we will be taking entries on the day, but it helps us if you can do it on line before 19th Sept.
Vistiors and non members welcome, those sailing £7.50 sailing fee to go to Andrew Simpson Foundation.
Please remember this is a charity event, you can download forms from Barts Bash site, we will also have collection buckets at the club for you to contribute direct, wether sailing or not (cheques accepted!!)
Sat 20th Sept : The evening before is Quiz night (20th Sept) Paulene is doing food at £4 for main course, until 7pm (when she will be going home – so she can do breakfast on Sunday) if you can let us know numbers that would help. Black Sheep hand pumped ale available at £2 a pint, camping is permitted. There will be a small charge to cover prizes for quiz night entry. The club youngsters are making cakes for sale for the Andrew Simpson Foundation.
The Andrew Simpson Sailing Foundation is planning a monster sized attempt to set a new Guinness World Record for ‘The Largest Sailing Event’ in the World Ever and it is called Bart’s Bash!
11.00 am start on the 21st will be nominated as the Bart’s Bash race. We will have a GPS measured course and will submit times of all entries to the overall results. The overall scoring will be on an average boat speed handicapped with a one off set of numbers for the event. No further adjustments will be made for the varying wind and sea conditions that the different races will see around the globe. The taking part is more important than the winning…..
See Section 9 from the event’s SI’s:
9. SCORING – The Race will be scored based on average boat speed handicapped using each class’ Bart Number. Given the variety of conditions by which the event is to be held on a worldwide basis, any handicap results may be inaccurate and no responsibility is accepted in respect thereof.
The race at NCSC will be the Wadsworth race on that day, albeit one with a much bigger than usual entry. It is proposed that the two Main Series Class races take place in the afternoon on a back to back basis.
What you need to do!
- Enter – Nottinghamshire County Sailing Club is registered with Bart’s Bash so all you need to do is go onto the website – links provided – and enter the event, either as a helm or a crew.
- Turn up at the club on Sunday the 21st and do the race.
- Support the charitable aims of the event in any way you feel fit.
More information about the day and supporting activity will be provided as we get closer to the day
For Laser sailors: The UKLA have teamed up with Laser Performance to provide a new Laser sail to the club who have the most Lasers (combined Standard, Radial and 4.7) at Bart’s Bash on September 21st. Class Association members participating in the event will then be entered in a prize draw for the sail. Can you pass this on to the clubs and members in your region and encourage them to sign up please? We already have around 420 Lasers signed up which is fantastic. People can sign up at the following link: