NCSC Covid-19 Update – 27 July 20
- Casual sailing continues with trial racing on Sundays – racing info here
- Link to RYA Q & A advice (15/7/20) please note this is regularly updated full rya guidance
- RYA Advice on sailing & racing from different households (29/7/20)
- The galley opens on 18th July, information and links to protocol galley info here.
- We have started to provide safety cover on Saturdays (1100 to 1500) and Sundays 1030 to 1500, with wind limits in force (16 mph average, gusts no more than 23 mph – both taken from the previous hour). Check for the club flag flying to indicate safety cover being in place. Safety boats will be normally moored, in response mode, unless providing approved coaching, and not patrolling so please be extra cautious. An emergency boat is available at all times, use must be reported to Exec. RYA Safety boat (single handed) video – discussion on safety cover.
- As we can only rescue at a distance we strongly recommend some form of masthead float, all those racing are required to have a float.
- Coaching, with a maximum ‘gathering’ of 6 per group (including coach), is taking place. If you want to know more please just contact us through the club.
- The disabled toilet is available for emergency use, please clean up as instructed on the sheet in the toilet.
- The latest information along with instructions are on our Covid documents page, you will need to login (to SCM) to see the page, there are the simplified instructions and more detailed documents on there. Please take time to read these.
- As a reminder please remember all craft (including non sailing) must have valid insurance for the user, there is a permit form you need to fill in for non sailing craft
- You must bring your own sanitiser to use before and after touching the key pad or any other club property, for everyone (including your own) safety.
- You must maintain social distancing (2m) between anyone not in your household, and please continue to follow Government instructions about meeting up.
- No visitors – paid up club members only
- No BBQ (we don’t want a fire) or camping permitted.
- Please close the top gate behind you, and of course lock it if you are last out.
- No swimming except as organised by NOWS you will need to book a slot, club members have reduced fees.
Before coming down please check you have your gate keys with you, and that you know the barrier code.
The word Activity Assessment form Word can be found here (sign in to SCM) a pdf is here Covid-19 Activity Assessment Form v1 This is the form if you are planning an activity requiring safety boats at the club to ensure there is water space and boats available please fill in and send well in advance.