NCSC YOUTH SQUAD – Link to Youth Squad Facebook Group
NOTTS COUNTY YOUTH RACE SQUAD ….season 2017
The objective of the YRS (Youth Racing Squad) is to introduce our youth sailors to dinghy racing in a fun and instructive way. By providing structured coaching sessions throughout the season the YRS members improve their racing skills, giving them the foundation to continue with club racing or to follow the path of joining regional and national squads. Both options are a route to an enjoyable sailing career.
Entry to squad
Due to the success of the squad and more qualified coaches being available we are now in a position to increase the number of sailors.
We do, however, have criteria that all squad members must reach; this squad is very much for sailors who already have a level of competency in sailing, the emphasis is on coaching to race, not how to sail!
* All sailors must have access their own boat, club boats cannot be used. Currently the squad members sail Toppers, Terras and Lasers.
* All sailors must have suitable clothing.
* The guideline minimum age is 11. (The squad is seen as a progression from Saturday club, not an alternative.)
* The guideline maximum age is 16
* All applicants must complete an ‘On the Water ‘assessment. .
* Sailors must show a commitment to competing in club racing. Typically squad members will initially race on a Saturday/ Tuesday progressing to Sundays.
Parents must be willing to assist with safety duty and beach control.
The coaching programme for Spring 2017 is :-
Two full days – 15 April & 22 April –
12 am start :
Any club sailor wishing to join the squad should contact Kathryn Hinsliff-Smith for further information at firstname.lastname@example.org
Find us on facebook…… Notts County Sailing Club Youth Race Squad