The building works has finished, with some snagging to do. The Training room has been well used during the Adult, first aid, junior and other events such as Wayfarer conference and Topper training, along with class coaching events and Youth Squad. The ladies fit out should start when members have some time.
The extension is moving on and should finish early March. The race office is being decorated, just electrics to go. The external cladding is very close to completion (hopefully for the weekend). Ladies has floor preparation done, ready for finish tomorrow (we hope), handrails are complete and rear stair and balustrade are due this week.
Race office well on way and ladies ready for flooring, training doors in and handrails well on way.
3rd February 2017
Windows and doors in training and two sides boarded. Screed down throughout. Decorators preparing for painting tomorrow. Race office commenced. Door opening to training prepared and bifolds on order.
27th January 2017
Floor screed going down, windows going in, cladding being completed on ladies.
Update 25th Jan 2017
Electrics complete in Changing & Training, windows due this week, screed and floor soon. Looking good for use by the start of the new season, we are hoping the changing will be ready for the Cooler (indications are it will at present). Race Office starts next week.
Update 18th Jan 2017
The Training & Changing are plastered inside, and electricians finishing off. Boarding has started outside on the extension, and the soffits are being enclosed. Photos below
Update 7th Jan 2017
Work continues, the ladies changing room wall has been broken through, its going to be a huge improvement. First fix electrical is complete in the Changing & Training. The Training room & Ladies insulation and framing is virtually complete.
Update 1st January 2017
For those that didn’t make the First of Year, progress on the extension is continuing with the Training room framed out and ready for lining, a the ladies changing is getting ready for breaking through. Clubroom windows are nearly finished.
Update 18th December
The work continues at good speed. The scaffold has gone up, the side boarding is going well, with insulation and subframe going up. The roof is on, and due to be waterproofed next week. The main clubroom windows are nearly complete. Come down on New Years day and see the progress.
Update 7th December
The concrete floor has gone down this week, with temporary balcony cover, the roof frame and other continuing works.
12th December should see windows start (put back at beginning of week by a week) and you should see some good progress by Christmas.
Update 27th Nov 2017
The steel is now up and scaffold started in order to replace the windows which should start in December. The balcony wood is being fitted and the new extension floor should go in soon, and then steelwork infilled in.
Update 11th August 2016
Building Work starts on 22nd August 2016 and is due to finish in Mid-December 2016.
The contractor is Aumas Ltd. Their working hours are Mon. to Friday, 07.00 – 17.30.
If they need to work on a Saturday it will be by strict agreement with the Club and members will be advised of it via the club’s website via this page and on Facebook.
The contract administrator, in charge on behalf of club, is Mark Adams. Mark, the Laser Fleet Captain, is a Quantity Surveyor at GNA in West Bridgford. He is the only person authorised to communicate with the contractor on behalf of the club, and should only be contacted via the Commodore – Ross Ryan.
Please read the advice below in conjunction with the site plan (below). The Project will involve some disruption to members from the outset as the Contractor creates & encloses working areas around the parts of the building that they will be working on, these are out of bounds for contractural and safety reasons:
- From the start the west door from the main car park will be closed and out of use while the new extended west balcony and extension is built & decked over.
- The top of the middle slipway on the north side of the clubhouse will be closed to all but pedestrian access
- There will be a temporary access to the lower part of this slipway across the grass by the removal of a couple of timber bollards north of the closed part
- The Contractor will form a fenced-off store for their materials & equipment. This will be to the south of the club starting behind the Safety Store in the car-park and will take up 5-6 spaces there.
- This compound and all other fenced off areas are strictly out of bounds for children and adults. Building sites can be dangerous so only people authorised by the Aumas’ Contracts Manager are permitted inside them. This includes committee members and the like. Parents please ensure you know where your children are at all times during the build period.
- As well as raising the new west balcony and building the changing room & training room extensions on it, the Contractor will be progressively working around the club to replace all the external doors & windows, also all the weatherboarding up to each side of the existing conservatory which stays unchanged.
- The Ladies’ Changing Room will get a new temporary external escape door; only for use in emergencies; not for normal use! This provides an escape from the Changing Room and from the Galley in the event of a fire in the latter.
- There is more need to be vigilant about security as Building Sites often seem to attract undesirables.
The ground directly under the existing balcony at the car park side of the clubhouse [west side] will be cleared before the Contractor encloses it to start their work.
The whole space beneath the club house is only to store the club’s craft, equipment and materials; nothing else; so while we are moving everything else around there we are taking the opportunity to sort this out properly!
Anything there that does not belong to Training or the Bosun or the Club in General will be hauled out from under the club and disposed of; sold off, given away or skipped.
If anyone has left anything of theirs under the clubhouse please remove it by 12th August.
Access to Clubhouse during Building work will be via Conservatory, an email has already been sent to all club members explaining access (if you haven’t received it you need to check your junk mail for NCSC Admin and allow it, or contact the Vice Commodore so he can resend your password). The email address used is the one on the database.
The Disabled Toilet will be used by the Contractors. They will keep it & the clubhouse as clean as possible. If there are any comments please direct these to the Commodore Ross Ryan or in his absence Nicki Theokritoff.
Update July 2016